I guess my feminism and my race are the same thing to me. They’re tied in one to another, and I don’t feel an alliance or an allegiance with upper-class white women. I don’t. I can listen to them and on some level as a human being I can feel great compassion and friendships; but they have to move from their territory to mine, because I know their world. But they don’t know mine.-Sandra Cisneros, Chicana Feminist Thought (via okbesko)
Let me rub my ass all over the American flag and see how long it takes white people to call me a wetback and to tell me to go back to mexico
Conversation I heard in the club.
- Shy Guy: Hey there..
- Random Guy: Hey what's up?
- Shy Guy: Nothing much, just wanted to say you are really cute.
- Random Guy: Thanks dude!
- Shy Guy: So, are you here with anyone?
- Random Guy: Yeah, my girlfriend just went to the washroom.
- Shy Guy: Oh God, I'm sorry, didn't know you were straight.
- Random Guy: That's alright it's cool.
- Shy Guy: You don't mind me calling you cute?
- Random Guy: A compliment is a compliment no matter who it comes from.